Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Less is More

  I have been on a rampage lately.  Decluttering as much as I possibly can.  It's like this urge takes over me and I just want to get rid of stuff.  I'm so tired of stuff cluttering my space and my mind.  I want to make room for my needs.  Things that are necessary or beautiful.  I'm trying to incorporate more nature into my surroundings.  The beauty and breath that it brings is so worth the effort.  I constantly ask myself how did I end up with all of this stuff?  It's a constant struggle and it frustrates me tremendously.  I am not an organized person by nature.  But it's something I've always strived for.  I like knowing where things are and everything having a place.  I feel more at peace when my space is organized.  Who wants to search for something they need or look through piles of crap to find that one thing?
  Getting organized is a life long process for me.  I feel like each year I get better and figure things out a little more.  Will there ever be a time when it's effortless?  I have so many projects popping into my head lately.  Ooooh lets rip out those cabinets and build shelves!  Let's move these pieces of furniture out of the room and put a bench in.  I want my bedroom to be a romantic sanctuary.  Am I dreaming?  Walt and I deserve our own beautiful space right?  I want my laundry area to feel clean and fresh!  But every time I get rid of stuff and feel like it's finally a clean slate and I can do these projects more stuff accumulates somewhere else and I'm onto organizing and decluttering that space!  I am beyond frustrated with this process!!!!  Is it because I have small children?  Probably.  And I have to remind myself that spending time with them is so much more important than that pile of papers on my desk.  Here we go again with the balance issue...

2 comments:

  1. Well, I know we both suffer from the same organizational skills. I agree though, we are both getting better for sure! Your house has come a long way, along with mine and I think we are making excellent progress:) One day it will all come together! I'm ready to start building some furniture! Need to start collecting wood:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls! Great ideas L! Love the idea of getting the kids involved in donating more of their toys...:-)

    ReplyDelete